H-1B FAQS – Adam B. King

What should I take when I travel outside the US if I am an H-1B?

  • a valid passport
  • an original letter from your employer verifying your position and salary
  • your most recent I-797 approval notice
  • if you do not have a current H-1B Visa in your passport you will need to make an appointment at the US Consulate in your home country.   Every US Consulate has a website. Some third countries will issue visas to citizens of other countries, but it is best to obtain a visa in your own country.